Saturday, April 28, 2012

Who Am I?

My name is Brandon Loomis and I am a student , at the State University of New York at Cortland. I plan to graduate in 2014 With a Bachelor Degree of Education; Physical Education with a Minor in Management and cannot wait to start my teaching career. Here at SUNY Cortland, I have spent three semesters as a high jumper on the Track and Field team, five semesters as a Resident Assistant, and an active member in the community. I love teaching and I love coaching no matter what the age, sport, or diverse student body. When I am given a chance to share my knowledge of sport, recreation and sportsmanship, or anything for that matter, I take advantage of it. It is extremely important for children growing up in this generation to be aware of values in sport as well as their personal health and body awareness. No matter what assortment of children I am given, good, bad, tall, short, thin or large, I love working with them and hope I can further my experiences as well as share those experiences with the students I am given the opportunity to do so with. In addition to my love of learning and sharing my experiences, I love traveling and doing as much as I can while I can. I am a thrill seeker and never settle with "I can't", because I feel as though if you set out to do something, or do anything for that matter, there is nothing stopping you. If you want something bad enough, you can always find a way to achieve it.



 To learn more about myself, and my experiences, check out my blog at:

http://brandonloomis.blogspot.com/ 

 "One man practicing sportsmanship, is far better than a hundred teaching it."